Wednesday, April 15, 2020

finn

bathing my son in the bathtub-
a rare occurrence now that he likes to shower more.
i dip his head underneath the faucet, holding him in my hand.
his face relaxes under the water. "you're beautiful" i whisper.
"no mom, i'm cute"
we lay under covers together- he takes longer to fall asleep these days.
i hold him tightly and wonder who he'd go to if it wasn't me.
when he's disappointed and needs consoled in a way i know best.
when he's nervous about something and needs me to hug him silently.
when he slips and falls down the last couple steps.
when he loses something and only i know where it is.
and when after the bath, he brushes his teeth and kisses me goodnight and every time i am the one to wipe the toothpaste from the corners of his perfect, delightful little mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment